9 Steps To Take Now To Be Certain
Your Finances Are Protected Online
Seems like we’ve been inundated over the past 6 months with rampant cybertheft. Target, Nieman Marcus, Yahoo and even mysterious $9.84 credit-card charges. Unfortunately, in the world we live in, this is most likely the norm going forward and not just a blip on the radar.
So, how can you stay protected online? While there is no way to absolutely, positively, 100% stay safe online, by taking these 9 steps, you will be as safe as possible.
1. Only Shop On Secure Websites. Before you type your credit card into a website, ensure it is secure. Look for “https://” in the address bar of your web browser when you are checking out.
2. Avoid Financial Transactions Over Public Wifi. You can’t guarantee that free or shared WiFi access is secure. Ok to connect for browsing the web, but avoid financial transactions on these connections.
3. Use A Secure Network For Financial Transactions. Protect your computer with a firewall, antivirus and anti-spyware software.
4. Setup Banking Alerts For Unusual Or Large Transactions. Ask your bank to notify you of any suspicious or large transactions.
5. Use Credit Cards Instead Of Debit Cards. Most credit cards offer better fraud protection, plus if money is stolen from a debit card, then it has already left your bank account.
6. Pick Complex Passwords. Use phrase acronyms and keyboard combinations. Never use repeat passwords or words in the dictionary for your financial accounts.
7. Never Directly Answer Or Respond To An Email From Your Bank. Criminals have become very adept at appearing that they are a financial institution when they are not. Never rely on links in emails to access your financial accounts.
8. Install Available Security Updates On Your Computer, SmartPhone and Tablets. Many cybercrimes target known security holes on your computing devices. Stay up to date to stay secure.
9. Check Your Bank Balances And Statements Regularly. Good ol’-fashioned visual checks on your balances and a scan of your transactions are the best practice to be sure that nothing has slipped through the cracks.
Free Business Cyber Security Audit
Gives You Peace Of Mind
At no cost or obligation, our highly trained team of IT pros will come to your office and conduct a comprehensive Cyber-Security Audit to uncover loopholes in your company’s online security.
During this audit, we’ll review:
- How well your current "Unified Threat Management" system will truly protect you from hackers, cybercriminals, viruses, worms and even sabotage by rogue employees.
- Your current security patching strategy for known vulnerabilities. If you’re not seeing weekly reports on this, you’re probably not properly covered.
- Your mobile-device policy to ensure that your employees’ mobile devices are properly secured. Mobile apps are another big way hackers gain access.
- Your written Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for employees that details what they can and cannot do with company-owned devices and Internet access.
- Your company’s password policy. Most companies are severely lacking in a proper password policy, opening themselves up to cyber-disaster.
To Claim Your FREE Cyber Security Audit
Fill Out The Form On This Page or
Call Us at 312-583-7254
Before coming to Jexet Technologies, I used several IT persons to manage my computer system. This turned out to be a big mistake because there was always one problem after another in my office, and there was no consistency to my system.
Dr. Eric Barnes,
I have had my dental practice for almost 25 years in South Holland, Illinois. Our Office do implants, whitening, bridge work and dentures. I also have advanced training in orthodontics including the new invisaline techniques.
Dr. Albert F Gruber,