9 Steps You Must Know To Prevent A Server Crash
Here are a few simple things you can do to prevent your server and network equipment from overheating and crashing:
- Tidy up the server room; a neater room will increase air flow.
- If you have more than one server, arrange them in a row so that the cold air comes from the front and is expelled out the back.
- Keep the doors to the server room closed and seal off the space.
- Make sure cold air reaches all the equipment.
- Have a redundant A/C that is specifically designed for computers.
- Buy a rack enclosure where the cooling is built in to the bottom of the rack.
- Keep the temperature at no more than 77 degrees.
- Use blanking panels over any empty spaces on your server rack.
- Consider virtualization or hosting in a cloud environment so you are generating a lower amount of heat in the first place.